Are you searching for a position with purpose? A role to make a real difference? Where your time can be transformational? Join an award-winning charity and passionate team dedicated to ensuring the country’s most vulnerable young people are defined by their talent and never their circumstances. Our in-school mentoring has profound impacts on mentees in their confidence, wellbeing, achievement and post-school progression. MCR Mentors are volunteers who make and experience a life changing difference.
In 2021 MCR were winners of a prestigious UK Centre for Social Justice Award CSJ award. The CSJ produced this film about MCR young person Emily and her mentor Elaine.
We are looking for three Mentor Recruitment Managers - one based in Surrey, one in Herts and one to work across both counties - to focus on forming pioneering partnerships with key public and private sector organisations. You will also help lead our mentor recruitment team and provide ongoing support for each and every one of our mentors, establishing a deeply personal service that inspires every volunteer and individual to feel a hugely valued part of the MCR family and cause.
- Recruit volunteer mentors to the required quality, numbers and targets.
- Actively manage all aspects of the recruitment channels to ensure individual mentors are fully and emotionally engaged throughout
- Liaise with all regionally based staff to deliver on mentor recruitment plans and share best practice
- Manage organisational recruitment campaigns & lead on ensuring continuous engagement of prospective mentors
- Build mentor commitment, confidence, support & engagement throughout the full mentor experience
- Set expectations, monitor & report on performance & positively manage all exceptions in mentor recruitment and retention
- Working with the Senior Leadership Team, continuously review and improve all stages of the mentor journey.
- Manage the systems to ensure quality control of all MCR mentor support documentation and maintain and share all MCR FAQs.
For the full job description and person specification please click below:
To apply, please click the link below and complete the application form in 500 words or fewer, making clear reference to the points covered within the Mentor Recruitment Manager Job Description & Person Specification.
Please note, the role will be subject to a DBS check and two satisfactory references, one of which must be from your current or most recent employer.
MCR Pathways subscribes to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (1974) regarding disclosure & barring.
MCR Pathways is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This role is subject to a DBS check. Applications to process DBSs will only be submitted once the successful candidate has accepted the offer of a position.
MCR Pathways is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.