Motivation based on self assessments by the young people before and after the MCR programme.
Young people who are listened to, have a voice & are supported to find, grow & use their talents, experience radical increases in:
- School attendance, staying on rates & engagement
- Levels of attainment, achievement & participation
- Progression to college, university & employment
- Better jobs, career choices & life chances
- Confidence, belief & self esteem
- Communication & relationship skills
- Motivation, commitment & resillience
- Health, wellbeing, self-worth & belonging
- Taking responsibility & becoming role models
- Inspiring peers, families & local communities
Young people are the focus of what we do
Our impact on attainment, achievement and post-school destinations has been transformational:
Attainment in 5 plus subjects at minimum National 4 and above.
Positive destinations based on progression to college, university or employment.
Data from 2017 leavers published in 2018.
"Being able to be myself, being able to get help and not being ashamed to ask for it. Being able to relax and be confident."
Young Person, St Mungo's Academy
"It gives me ideas about what I want to do in the future, facing my fears."
Young Person, Springburn Academy
"I didn't have any confidence at all. Now I feel like I can do anything. I didn't think I could get into university, but thanks to my mentor I did"
Young Person, St Andrew's Secondary
- Morale, motivation, purpose & wellbeing
- Listening, building trust & coaching skills
- Personal Development & leadership skills
- Insight & empathy with young people
- Making & experiencing a life changing difference
- Complete CSR & local community affiliation
- Improvement in staff morale & motivation
- Staff engagement, skills development
- Developing effective leaders & managers
- Insight into the next generation. A future source of talent
MCR Pathways currently supports care experienced and disadvantaged young people to find, grow and use their inspiring talents and skills.
- Increased attendance, staying on rates, engagement, aspirations & attainment
- Improved behaviours, relationships & life skills
- Greater post-school destinations sustainability
- Injection of employability knowledge, experience & opportunities
- Enhancement of employability, inclusion & education policies
- Motivated, committed & resilient young people
- Reduction in waste of talent & the social cost of failure
- Greater aspirations, health & wellbeing
- Deeper intergenerational understanding & mutual respect
- Effective early intervention
Progress & Impact
In 2019, MCR supports care-experienced young people in every secondary across Glasgow and in selected schools in Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, Edinburgh, Ayrshire and West Dunbartonshire.
We recruit, train, match and support amazing volunteer mentors to inspire disadvantaged young people in achieving greater outcomes on leaving school. Can you join our fantastic team and become a mentor with MCR? You will make a life-changing difference.
Young people who are listened to and are supported to find, grow & use their talents experience radical increases in:
Motivation, commitment & resilience
School attendance & participation, staying on rates, attainment & achievement
Positive destinations of college, university & employment